The 1st of August will see the addition of naked people, palm trees in the lobbies and birds in tubes. Fang Banther will also be added in this update and looks to be as annoying to fight as his snowy cousin is.
The 8th of August will see the addition of the new field revealed by Famitsu yesterday, Amduscia’s Floating Continent. Amusingly the name myself and others have been calling it in IRC, “Dragonland”, has become its official alias. I wonder if that’s our fault or whether the devs were also amused by that name? Dragonland was what the area was referred to internally by the client, found through datamining.
The official site put the update page up, with higher quality screenshots and a trailer on Youtube which I’ve embedded below.
Some bits to say:
- You will need to be lv35 to access the first Floating Continent missions.
- Dinians are on the islands after all. Like the other Dragonkin on the islands, they are reskinned.
- One of the reskinned Dinians is named “Set Sadinian”.
- Most of the native enemies on the islands are weak against Dark element attacks. There will however be no dark techs released with this update
- Fish-type Darkers, such as Gawonda, also populate the islands. A new fish-type Darker named “Dahgash” will be introduced. Sadly its internal name, “FloatageFish”, is not an official alias.
- MW will be added to the Shopping Lobby, next to the makeover counter.
The Universe is Ending!
Phantasy Star Universe is coming to a complete end with the closure of the Japanese servers on the 27th of September. Official post here. Translated details of what’s left for the servers by Espiokaos can be found here.
The reason I mention this at all is because those of you who played Phantasy Star Universe on the Japanese servers will be able to convert any leftover Guardians Cash into Arks Cash. Details as to how you can do this have yet to be revealed, but the alternative appears to be to have any remaining Guardians Cash refunded into Webmoney.
New Concept Art
To finish this post, have some concept art of the new costumes being added on the 1st of August.
[Sources: Official Site, Official Blog, Bumped and Mewn for translations]