Inventory management is something that seems to be part and parcel of the MMO genre. At some point, your inventory is going to fill up and you will need to decide what’s worth keeping, what’s worth selling and what can just be tossed. Failure to do so properly can slow your adventuring down considerably, as you will be unable to loot things.
It seems that, over time, PSO2 has managed to find more and more ways to pack your inventory full of things that you may be hesitant to get rid of. This blog entry will list all these items and run off reasons why you wouldn’t likely want to trash them.
- アドバンスカプセルａ / Advanced Capsule a
- アドバンスカプセルｂ / Advanced Capsule b
- アドバンスカプセルｃ / Advanced Capsule c
- 風輝石ヴァーユ / Vayu Wind Pyroxene
- 炎輝石アグニ / Agni Fire Pyroxene
- 地輝石プリティヴィー / Prithvi Earth Pyroxene
- 雷輝石インドラ / Indra Thunder Pyroxene
- 雪輝石ヒマーラヤ / Himalaya Snow Pyroxene
- 天輝石ブラフマー / Brahma Sky Pyroxene
- 元輝石イシャーナ / Ishana Source Pyroxene
- 滅輝石ニルティリー / Nirrti Ruin Pyroxene
- 霊輝石ヤーマ / Yama Soul Pyroxene
12 inventory slots gone! At least, for that matter, as while they can stack up to 999 it is quite easy to end up with multiple stacks of them. Not only that, but various 9*s can be exchanged with a number of these Pyroxene items for a 10* weapon. Even if you don’t need any of the weapons themselves, they can be exchanged for EXCubes or Photon Spheres. Both of these items are kind of useful, as they can exchanged for items that can be sold on the market and other functional things (EXP boosters, rare drop boosters, etc).
- 紅桜の欠片 / Scarlet Fragment
- 真紅の欠片 / Crimson Fragment
- 蒼碧の欠片 / Cerulean Fragment
- 紅桜の原石 / Scarlet Ore
- 真紅の原石 / Crimson Ore
- 蒼碧の原石 / Cerulean Ore
- 魔石ハートキー / Heart Key Spellstone
- 魔石ブラッディムーン / Bloody Moon Spellstone
- 魔石ファントムナイト / Phantom Night Spellstone
- ハートキー触媒 / Heart Key Catalyst
- ブラッディムーン触媒 / Bloody Moon Catalyst
- ファントムナイト触媒 / Phantom Night Catalyst
Another 12 slots gone! And again, much like Advanced Quests you can end up with multiple stacks, though only of the fragments. However, you can compress them into ores and since the recent update that allows you to carry up to 999 of them in your inventory it’s much less of a hassle to do so.
Related to extreme quests, there is also the chance to obtain 11* armors, which you’re not likely to trash.
The following items are all used as currency in various exchanges and shops.
- 虹輝石イリティスタ / Iritista Rainbow Pyroxene (10* weapons)
- エクスキューブ / Excube
- フォトンドロップ / Photon Drop
- フォトンクリスタル / Photon Crystal
- フォトンスフィア / Photon Sphere
- アークスバッヂ青 / Blue Arks Badge
That’s 6 slots gone! Iritista can be exchanged for some pretty terrible 10* weapons that can then be converted into Excubes or Photon Spheres. Photon Drops and Photon Crystals can be compressed into Photon Spheres as well.
- 獲得経験値＋１０％ / Experience Gained +10%
- 獲得経験値＋２５％ / Experience Gained +25%
- 獲得経験値＋５０％ / Experience Gained +50%
- 獲得経験値＋７５％ / Experience Gained +75%
- レアドロップ倍率＋１０％ / Rare Drop Rate Boost +10%
- レアドロップ倍率＋５０％ / Rare Drop Rate Boost +50%
- レアドロップ倍率＋７５％ / Rare Drop Rate Boost +75%
- レアドロップ倍率＋２５０％ / Rare Drop Rate Boost +250%
- 獲得メセタ＋１０％ / Meseta Gained +10%
- 獲得メセタ＋５０％ / Meseta Gained +50%
- トライブースト＋５０％ / Tri Boost +50%
- トライブースト＋１００％ / Tri Boost +100%
- ショートケーキ / Shortcake
- チーズケーキ / Cheesecake
- フルーツタルト / Fruit Tart
- パンプキンパイ / Pumpkin Pie
- クリスマスケーキ / Christmas Cake
- バレンタインチョコ / Valentines Cake
- トロピカルフラッペ / Tropical Frappe
- グラインダー / Grinder
- 強化成功率＋５％ / Grind Success Rate +5%
- 強化成功率＋１０％ / Grind Success Rate +10%
- 強化成功率＋１００％ / Grind Success Rate +100%
- 強化リスク軽減（＋１） / Grind Risk Reduction (+1)
- 強化リスク軽減（＋２） / Grind Risk Reduction (+2)
- 強化リスク軽減（完全） / Grind Risk Reduction (Full)
- シンセサイザー / Synthesizer
- 属性強化＋５％ / Attribute Enhance +5%
- 能力追加成功率＋５％ / Ability Success Rate +5%
- 能力追加成功率＋１０％ / Ability Success Rate +10%
- エクストリームパス / Extreme Pass
A considerable 32 slots gone here. Note that this would be more if you use AC scratch, as there are a number of unique consumables you can obtain from it. The worth of the 10% EXP and Meseta boosts is somewhat insignificant, but I imagine most players are going to consume them rather than throw them away.
I’ve not really talked about this on the blog yet, so I’ll go ahead and take this opportunity to explain my opinion on it. Crafting is dumb. With that out of the way, back on the subject of inventory hogs because if you want to craft I sure hope you didn’t like having all those spare inventory slots!
- アイロニア / Ironia
- スティニア / Steenia
- シルバニア / Silvania
- アイロデスト / Irodest
- スティデスト / Steedest
- シルバデスト / Silvadest
- アイログリモ / Irogrimo
- スティグリモ / Steegrimo
- シルバグリモ / Silvagrimo
- アイロリアス / IroRears
- スティリアス / SteeRears
- シルバリアス / SilvaRears
- アイロアムス / IroArms
- スティアムス / SteeArms
- シルバアムス / SilvaArms
- アイロレグス / IroLegs
- スティレグス / SteeLegs
- シルバレグス / SilvaLegs
- ルビアード / Rubiard
- サファード / Saphard
- ネオジット / Neojit
- プロメチット / Promechit
- PAフラグメント（打撃） / PA Fragment (Strike)
- PAフラグメント（射撃） / PA Fragment (Ranged)
- PAフラグメント（法撃） / PA Fragment (Tech)
- リリパリウム（極小） / Liliparium (Min)
Not including the AC items again. That’s 26 slots gone for a complete set of crafting items. Anyone who has dismantled rare items will also know that you can very quickly accumulate the lowest tier of materials. So even though the likes of Ironia can stack up to 999, it doesn’t take long to end up with multiple stacks of them.
This is by no means an exhaustive list, yet I believe this post shows that around 87 inventory slots are eaten up by various things within the game. For a free-to-play player, that’s nearly half of their 200-slot item storage gone. This is before you consider the less predictable things, such as clothing items, armor sets and weapons that the player is either going to keep for use or for sale when they obtain access to their shop.
Let’s also not forget consumable tickets the player may not wish to use immediately, such as My Shop and My Room passes, or any compensation tickets such as Skill Tree Reset Passes and Premium Set (1 Day). Oh and I’ve not even mentioned Client Orders that require you to obtain items…
As we learned recently from the 16th live broadcast the new tier of Advance Quests will be using new types of caps. Specifically Advanced Capsule d, e and f. So that’s 3 more slots gone before you then also consider the possibility of new types of Pyroxenes from the quest (another 3) and any new pre-requisite weapons.
Is Sega going to do anything to relieve the storage situation for freemium players? Not at all, but don’t worry they will be including 2 new rent-able storage sots in your warehouse soon!