As the title says, a class re-balance is on its way and it will be arriving on the 14th. We’ve known for a while that Gunner and Braver were getting tweaked but the finer details weren’t revealed until today. It seems that they’re not the only classes to be getting some adjustments, as others will be too. Let’s go over them, shall we?
Normally I’d do Hunter first but I feel Gunner’s been in the most need of attention since the start of Episode 3. So cutting to the chase:
- High Time will gain its attack boost more quickly than it does now.
- Normal attacks will make you start to fall later than it does now.
- Stylish roll will have the first two parts sped up, there will be no loss in invincibility frames
- You will be able to change your facing during Sattelite Aim.
- Shift Period will be sped up and deal more damage. The time when you start to fall will be pushed back.
- Aerial Shooting, Dead Approach, Messiah Time, Elder Rebellion, Reverse Tap and Heel Stab will be adjusted at a later date.
Being able to change direction during Satellite Aim is more a convenience change than a buff, but a pretty welcome one. It’s also nice to know that invincibility frames won’t be lost in light of the sped up Stylish Roll, making this change an overall buff in my opinion.
Shift Period could arguably have crafted Bullet Squall as its main competition, currently. The area of effect of Shift Period is much higher though, so with its increased speed and damage it may have a use if it doesn’t currently. If it isn’t the case already, I feel like the wider reach of Shift Period would help a lot with Gunner’s mobbing capabilities.
I am surprised to see that Infinite Fire won’t be seeing any adjustment, given how under-used a Photon Art it seems to be currently. It’s a fair shot more obscure than it was back in Stylish Roll Just-Attack Up’s meta days at least!
- Sonic Arrow will have faster Just-Attack timing and grant more points towards the Gear Gauge. The time when you start to fall from mid-air will be adjusted too.
- Sacrifice Bite: Parts of the attack will be faster and it will also contribute more points towards the Gear-Gauge.
Something to help sword-users stay mid-air I guess. The boosts to Gear-Gauge acquisition rate are always welcome for Sword seeing as its arguably the most dependent weapon in the game on it. This is likely to be more helpful to Fi/Hu or other x/Hu combinations using swords, as they don’t have access to Fury Gear boost.
- Weak Bullet something about making it easier to land it?
- One Point: Damage will be increased and PP consumption reduced.
- Sneak Shooter: Just-Attack timing will be adjusted and the bullet sped up.
- Diffuse Shell and Parallel Slider will be adjusted at a later date.
Sneak Shooter was always kind of rough to hit anything with it due to the slow bullet, so that;s a welcome change at least. The weak bullet changes are harder to pin down, it may be a faster bullet or there may be other changes that make it easier to land it, not sure.
- Double Saber shift action will have its Just-Attack timing adjusted and its cancel timing sped up.
- Quick March will have its damage increased and its cancel timing sped up. It will also stun enemies instead of launching them.
- Surprise Dunk will have its damage increased and its hit-stop reduced. The enemy will also be launched slightly by the hit instead of stunned.
- Deadly Archer will have the timing between each hit adjusted?
- Orchestra, Illusion Rave and Acro Effect will be adjusted at a later date.
- Katana damage will be higher based on current gear-gauge level
- Reducing SP required to max out Katana Combat, Rapid Shoot and Rapid Shoot Mastery
- Rapid Shoot will no longer have a “wind-up” time.
- Rapid Shoot Advance requires less points to unlock
- Bullet Bow Step-Attack will be sped up and have its Just-Attack timing adjusted
- Stance Critical and Stance Charge have had their places on the skill tree adjusted. You no longer need to put points in Critical to take on Charge.
- Tsukimi Sazanka will have its PP cost reduced and its ground animation sped up
- Gekka Zakuro will have its PP cost reduced
- Sakura Endo will be faster, have its JA timing reduced and have its non-charged damage boosted.
- Torrential Arrow will have a larger area of effect
- Million Storm will have its damage increased and its PP cost reduced.
The changes to the skill tree are mostly good, freeing up SP to support more hybridized builds than is currently possible, I’m not sure you’ll be able to max out both Katana and Bulletbow trees while also having a stance still, but having access to more than half the class at a given time will be nice.
The buffs to Torrential Arrow and Million Storm could be an attempt to improve the mobbing capabilities of Bullet Bows, which is something they do need assistance with definitely. They’re already great bossing weapons.
- Jet Boots Escape will now apply to the shift-action of regular attacks. providing invulnerability during it.
- Justice Crow will deal more damage and cost less PP
- Kestrel Rampage will deal more damage
- Strike Gust will deal more damage
- Gran Wave will have its hit-stop reduced
- Weapon shift action will be sped up and the time when you will start falling will be pushed back
- Regular attacks will have quicker Just-Attack and cancel timing
- Step attacks will have reduced hit-stop
- Serpent Air will be sped up, have its Just-Attack timing adjusted and be cancel-able
- Regenschlag will be sped up and have its Just-Attack timing adjusted
Another attempt to make Gunslashes viable weapons. Good luck, developers and bless you for trying I guess.
Of course, this change will come with free Skill-Tree Reset Passes for all.
Please let me know if there are any inaccuracies in this post.