Just a short post having a ponder about the new latents discovered in the latest pre-patch data.
Here’s the list:
- [幻精共鳴] – Increase the power of photon blasts
- [天輪滅砲] – Boost the power of Sphere Eraser
- [廻天輪滅砲] – Reduce the PP cost of Sphere Eraser
- [廻転翔踏] – Reduce the PP cost of Grim Barrage
- [絶対破砕圏] – Deal 25/27/30% additional damage to enemies at close range
- [滅壊の光刃] – Deal 21/23/25% additional damage to Darker Aberrations
- [龍の威光] – Deal bonus damage to enemies that are not Dragonkin
- [心気一意の閃光] – Deal 14/16/18% additional damage while HP is above 70% and PP is above 40%
- [清明なる加護 ] – Recover 30/35/40% additional PP on attack, regenerate PP 15/17/20% faster and deal 10/12/15% additional damage
- [勇勢疾走] – Deal additional damage while HP is above 30%
First impression is that a number of them certainly appear to be similar to the Photon-Booster potentials that are already out, suggesting that some of these will be going to Dark Falz weapons. If I were to guess, I’d say 5, 8, 9 and 10 are the Photon Booster latents.
This leaves us to speculated about the rest, which is especially relevant given a certain weapon series is coming up; the Austere series. There is a worry that they could end up with latent 1 or 6, making their hefty material cost a lot more off-putting. If it got 6, it’d be strange given the materials require playing multiple areas of the game, making such a restricted potential feel kind of inappropriate. Right now, it’s too early to say for sure as not only is data-mined content not really confirmation of anything we also can’t rule a fair number of the other latents out yet.
For now, it’s better to wait until the next update before speculating. It’ll let us rule out any latents that went to other weapons, giving us a smaller pool of things that may end up going to the Austere series. I still feel that the first person who gets an Austere weapon and discovers its potential is a brave soul indeed and potentially taking a big hit for the rest of the playerbase…
Also what the heck is up with number 7 there? An inverse racial potential? Notably its labelled as “DamageBonusRaceUlt4_1” which may suggest it has something to do with the as-yet unannounced Ultimate Amduscia. If it is a latent associated with the inevitable 13* weapon series to be released with that quest, then they could potentially be the strongest series yet as long as your target isn’t a dragon!
A post on 2chan, screencapped at pso2uploader here, lists 3 additional latents:
- Deal 20% additional damage to airborne enemies
- Increases the power of Ignite Parrying
- Reduces recast time on Chain after a successful Chain Finish depending on the chain count.
I don’t see these in the data I have seen myself, so not sure where these have come from. This same post also speculates that these and the earlier latents will go to the following weapons (forgive me, I can’t transcribe Kanji from imagery):
- Bardiche -> Unknown. It’s one of the latents that doesn’t appear to be listed.
- Grigoros -> Unknown. Again, one of the latents that doesn’t appear to be listed.
- Saika Hyouri -> Deal 20% additional damage to airborne enemies
- God Hand -> [勇勢疾走] – Deal additional damage while HP is above 30%
- Celestial Laser -> Reduces recast time on Chain after a successful Chain Finish depending on the chain count. (Hahaha)
- Shooting Drive -> Sphere Eraser latents
- Divine Raikou -> [清明なる加護 ] – Recover 30/35/40% additional PP on attack, regenerate PP 15/17/20% faster and deal 10/12/15% additional damage
- Edel Arrow -> [心気一意の閃光] – Deal 14/16/18% additional damage while HP is above 70% and PP is above 40%
- Lind Wurm -> [龍の威光] – Deal bonus damage to enemies that are not Dragonkin
I think I’ve gotten that correct. I only list these for curiousity’s sake. I’m not really sold on any of their guesses. They seem to include some Magatsu weapons in this list, which is fine however it doesn’t take into account that we’re going to be getting a new selection of the Nox-series weapons. We’ll know for sure in a few days, so let’s see how right this random post on the internet turns out to be because I have nothing better to do I guess.
Let me know if I’ve gotten anything wrong in this post, thanks.